Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Handmade Envelopes




I hate plain paper envelopes so I decided to make my own paper and then make an envelope out of it.


So for this project, you will need:
-water colours ( mine is Crayola)
- a paint brush
- masking tape
-paper 
- deconsturucted envelope



1. Take your envelope and unfold it carefully. Trace the envelope onto the paper so you have a template to cut around. Cut out your template.
2. Cut a long strip of masking tape and cut it in half. Lay the masking tape gently down onto your template. Repeat until you have as many strips as you want.

 
3. Use the watercolours to paint in between the gaps you have created with the masking tape. Peel off the masking tape when the paint is dry. It is handy to have a tissue by your side because the watercolours may drip. 

 4. Repeat step 3 over and over until you are finished.

5. Wait for the paint to dry and then fold and glue your template into an envelope.
 I kinda screwed up the red there because it leaked and the colours are much softer but I had to picnik it because of the bad lighting.

Haha. Look at my wonderful tissue after dabbing at it so many times. I'm going to let it dry and see what it will look like tomorrow.
A tie-dye tissue.

It's good to be back posting tutorials but I'm not finished with The Rant Challenge yet.
♥Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!