Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Rant Challenge: Twilight vs. Harry Potter

Twilight vs. Harry Potter




{via}


Really? This has honestly gone on for too long. This post is long over-due. Why do people feel like that if they like something really, really much, then nothing will ever compare to it? What's the point of arguing about something that will never get resolved? 


In my personal opinion:


I like Twilight better. I get that some Twilight fans are all like: "Oh my gosh! I like Twilight because it's sexier!"  I don't like it when Twilight fans do that. Who cares if it's sexier? I like it because it's a modern day romance novel. 


Harry Potter does have some perks though. I mean, it's extremely successful, the book is not bad and it does have some strong points. 


Why I Like Twilight Better:


- it's a sweet story
- I fell in love with all the characters and their personalities
- Edward has the looks and the brains
- good writing


Why Harry Potter Might Be Better:


-unique plot
- teaches lessons
- they hate Twilight
-good writing


Really, I totally respect everybody's opinion but when you say that : " Twilight sucks because Harry Potter is better! " for no reason at all, I will argue.


Also, I really don't get why people keep making fun of Edward for being super hot. Do you go up to a super hot guy in your french class and say: "Yeah, I hate you because you are super hot." Like, stop the hating. There is no reason to make fun of guys that sparkle and are hot. I mean, some of the guys in your neighbourhood might have done that when they were 5 and they were going through their fairy phase. 




{via}


Whoever wrote this obviously has never read the book. And now that that's off my chest I think I'll have another How I Live My Life up by tomorrow.


♥Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I"m a huge Twilight fan and could care less about Harry Potter. The only reason I'm a fan is because it IS a great story and I too fell in love with the characters. It can be a little cheesy on the vampire details but I've finally gotten over it. I will say the writer took a risk in changing vampire rules when its been the same for so long in every movie. And the main thing that bothers me the most is how she describes their skin as feeling hard like ice. Hmm I can't imagine what sex would be like with a vampire with those details lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!