Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Rant Challenge: How Do You Feel About Stereotypes?

How Do You Feel About Stereotypes?


I personally kinda hate stereotypes. They're mean, weird and not accurate. 
Here are some of the stereotypes that I have heard:


Girls are weak/wimpy.
Blondes are dumb.
Canadians live in igloos and ride polar bears to school.
All girls like the colour pink.
Guys are slobs.


Girls Are Weak/Wimpy.


(from Lovetexts)


I don't find this true at all. Yes, girls are generally weaker than men but what about the wimpy part? How are girls wimpy? WTF? 


Blondes Are Dumb.






I know a lot of blondes who are very smart and they get much higher grades than I do. Some blondes are very successful (ie. Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz.) and I don't think they deserve to be labeled 'dumb.'


Canadian Live In Igloos And Ride To School On Polar Bears


First, let me remind you. Polar bears live in the North Pole so we can't ride on them. We, the Canadians, live in normal houses like normal people and get to school by either car,bus, our feet or a bike. This is the stupidest stereotype ever. 


All Girls Like The Colour Pink






(from The Unpopular Opinions)


 As you can tell from my blog design, I do like pink. But not everybody likes the colour pink. Pink isn't a girly colour. It's just labeled as one. Pink is pink. Get over yourselves you guys and just accept it if you like pink!


Guys Are Slobs


 Yeah. It's mostly true. Not all guys though. And who cares really?


♥Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!