Saturday, November 05, 2011

Christmas Advent Calendar

So, I know that Christmas is pretty far away but I love Christmas. I started making my own paper advent calendar simply because I suck at sewing and I don't have the proper materials. Let me just put this out there:
This is not a quick and easy craft. This took me about a week to do because of homework and other side projects and stuff. I finally did finish though so please comment if you like it!!!



1. Just sketch out your plans on a piece of cardstock or bristol board. Shoot, I should've done it on cardstock.  
 I didn't have enough room for all the numbers to fit on the tree so I put some  as presents, put some as cards, just extra little tidbits.


2. Make sure everything fits and is ready to go.


3. Cut the design out. See that little black line there? Yeah, I traced the whole thing with Sharpie and I realized what a mistake that was. i had to reorganize everything. So do NOT, I repeat, do NOT trace your design with a marker. 


4. Colour yours in. I used an knife ( the X-acto kind or something) to cut out 3 sides of the "door"so it could open. 



The finished product!!!!
See the little Christmas cards on the mantel and the stockings? Those were pretty hard to cut out.

On the area where the flap was, I used a little stickie and I wrote what was going to be on the gift. because, this doesn't have pockets, i thought it would be better to have a " Christmas box"where the gifts would be labeled.

Any suggestions? Comments?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!